Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Good News Comes In Threes

My three sons, Summer 2003
You've probably heard the old saying "bad news comes in threes." Well, I'm here to tell you that GOOD news comes in threes sometimes. At least it did for me today.

First, through a serendipitous series of events, I have been corresponding with Melody McDuffee, founder of Soul of Somanya, one of the charitable organizations I mentioned in my blog post last weekend, and plan to have dinner with her and a friend on Saturday night.

(doing the happy dance)

Second, I received an email from a publicist about reviewing a nationally recognized memoir and doing a Q&A session with the author on this blog. The book sounds terrific; I am very excited about reading it and reviewing it and getting to know the brave, inspiring woman who wrote it.

(clicking my heels together in the air)

Third, I discovered that I won one of four spots Shannon Stacey gave away in a drawing for Harlequin editor Angela James's Before You Hit Send Workshop. The workshop actually began today and runs for three weeks, perfectly coinciding with my self-imposed revision deadline for The Wishing Box. Thank you, Shannon and Angela!

(BICHOK*)

And there's more good news in threes; if you haven't had enough of me already, I am also blogging on Tuesday at Writers Li.P.P.  about the laying the groundwork for a lifetime of health and at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales with a few of my favorite timesaving tips. I'll be checking in all three places throughout the day, answering your comments. See you around the World Wide Web!

*butt in chair, hands on keyboard

10 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

That's just incredible! Go you!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, S.M. It's not like I got "the call," but at this point in time I'll take whatever good news I can get. :-)

Anonymous said...

It's you Pam, turning the corner on a life of success. The "comes in threes" will be the doors opening for you. Good luck you little ole world shaker.

Pam Asberry said...

I hope you're right, Anonymous. Thanks for saying so!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations on all the good luck - especially the hard earned writing kind!

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you Kathryn! :-)

Cheryl Reif said...

Woo-hoo! Great news, indeed! Thanks for sharing and heartfelt congrats...may it continue to rain good news in your part of the world :)

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, Cheryl. This parched ground was ready for a little rainfall! ;-)

Julee J. Adams said...

W00T!!! Three is a lucky number for you, indeed.

Love it and congrats!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Julee! I have been the poster child for "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all" for far too long. Here's to nothing but GOOD luck in the foreseeable future! :-)