Monday, July 4, 2011

It's that time again...


Independence Day. And that start of a new #ROW80.

For the record, I am officially overwhelmed. I am 37,215 words into my novel revision, meaning I have almost 50,000 words left to go. That's 1,706 words a day to finish by the end of July - my official #ROW80 goal for the month. I will set a goal for the remainder of the round on July 31st.

But that's not the only writing I have going on. I am blogging here every day, blogging at Writers Li.P.P. once a week, blogging on Petit Fours and Hot Tamales once a month, and guest blogging at #amwriting and Under the Tiki Hut during the next few weeks. In addition, I committed to write a chapter of a group novel and that needs to be finished by mid-July, at the latest. And I promised to write a review for a friend and post it several places on September 1st, the day her book is scheduled for release.

And that's just the writing.

Stephen King says, "If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that."

Right now I have 61 books patiently waiting for me on my Kindle.

I am also beading - with the goal of adding at least a new item or two every day to my Etsy store - and teaching piano lessons on Wednesdays and Thursdays in July.

And I have summer project list that's ten miles long. Give or take.

So this afternoon, I sat down and made a checklist in Excel for my daily, weekly, biweekly and monthly goals. I have actually been doing a good job of keeping up with all that, which means items on the summer project list are the frogs I need to eat, one per day. I'll let you know how it goes.

I guess it's a good thing I'm single right now. Clearly, I don't have time for a relationship. I barely have time to go to the bathroom.

But I love what I'm doing and I'm optimistic about the future. So I'm going to keep up this pace as well as I can and hope for the best.

"Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED."

I'm counting on it.

* * * * *

The Freedom Giveaway Blog Hop continues! To participate, click HERE and follow the directions. Thanks to all of you for your support! And have a wonderful 4th of July!

14 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Once again, sweetie, you make my head hurt. While I love to read your stuff, maybe you can post here every other day and treat yourself to an hour or two with a good book? Maybe you can do two pieces of jewelry one day and skip a day?
Remember to get plenty of Pam time and sleep, because you know what happens if we don't. I'm saying that, knowing I have to get up to bed or I'll start on my path to getting run down. Just sayin' 'cause I love ya!

Christine said...

I used to blog every day on Digging Out of Distraction, but I cut it back to 3x per week. In fact, I haven't blogged on it since I left for Nationals. No time and then no Internet. I'll do a big one when I return to AL.

Sounds like you are super busy!!

Pam Asberry said...

Two of my ten goals, Julee, involve health and well-being: getting at least seven hours of sleep each night and meditating at least ten minutes every morning. My deadline for those was June 30th, and I am happy to say I have been consistent about those. In addition, I made it to the gym six days out of seven last week. The way I see it, as long as I am taking care of my body, physically and spiritually, I should be able to handle the heavy workload. So far, so good. :-) Love you too!

Pam Asberry said...

But I truly enjoy blogging every day, Christine. I write my blog posts late at night; I am a "people person" but I spend a lot of time alone, so I really look forward to that connection with the outside world at the end of a long day. And when I am blogging elsewhere, I usually just post a hello and a link here. Butou're right, I'm super busy! And as soon as I can afford it, I am going to hire someone to come in and clean my house every other week - lol!

Laila Knight said...

Happy 4th to you and good luck in reaching your goals!!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Laila! Chugga chugga, choo choo...

S.M. Carrière said...

Good grief! And I thought I was busy...

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, S.M., I'm going to need a vacation to recover from my vacation - LOL!

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

"Clearly, I don't have time for a relationship. I barely have time to go to the bathroom."

ROFLMAO! That's a perfect Tweet line if I ever saw one.

Sorry you're so busy, but maybe you need to learn a new word. Practice with me, now...no.

Good, now let's practice a bit more. Repeat after me:
No.
No, thank you.
Sorry, no. I just can't add anything else to my schedule.

Repeat until it comes more naturally. ;)

Pam Asberry said...

Honest, Carol, I HAVE learned to say no. I am ONLY doing the things I REALLY WANT to do. It just happens that I want to do A LOT! :-)

Are you coming to M&M? Fingers crossed...

KendallGrey said...

Wow, you are crazy with the blogs, lady! I finally had to cut down to writing only one or two a week because I was spending too much time on them and not enough on my revisions. I'm amazed by how you manage so many activities in your life right now. And I'm a little jealous! Hope you had a great 4th!

Pam Asberry said...

Keep in mind, Kendall, that I don't have small children anymore. That makes a HUGE difference!

Tami Brothers said...

Hey Pam!!! Hope you had a terrific fourth. You are definitely busy. I honestly wish you all the best with this schedule. I was there once myself and had to eventually cut a bunch of stuff just to reconnect with myself.

I feel like I've lost a LOT of what I gained when I was networking as much as I was but I think I was well on my way to burn out if I hadn't chosen to cut back.

You will do great and you will find the perfect balance. It just takes the right time and moment to recognize it.

Have a terrific week.

Tami

Pam Asberry said...

One thing I'm figuring out, Tami, is that I can't keep this pace up 24/7. I'm going to have to schedule a day off once every couple of weeks. As soon as this novel is finished, that is.