Saturday, July 2, 2011

A little of this and a little of that

Last week my GRW friend Pamela Mason blogged about writers creating special places for themselves to work, even on a limited budget. As you might recall, I write in my bedroom, and have been very pleased with my new situation. But I have really enjoyed my purple piano/design studio - I feel happy all over again every time I walk in there, which is several times a day - so one of the projects on my summer to-do list is to add some color to the walls of my bedroom. I was leaning towards a pale pink, but when I mentioned that to my 15-year old and he asked me, "Are you twelve years old, Mom?" I decided to rethink that decision. Now I am leaning towards more of a conch shell pink.
What do you think?
Then while I was catching up on some blogs in Google Reader (I am always over 1000 blog posts behind; what about you?) I discovered this on E. Kelly's blog. You absolutely MUST click the link! Now you understand why I am inspired to choose one of my favorite writing quotes to paint on the wall over my desk - there are so many! But that will be the perfect finishing touch.

* * * * *

I had to take a break from my list-driven existence yesterday and do some housekeeping. I hadn't done my own laundry since returning from my trip to the beach  - as a matter of fact, my suitcase was still on my bedroom floor, unpacked except for the toiletries - and there were piles everywhere: dirty dishes in the kitchen and living room, mail on the dining room table, clutter from the garage spilling into the downstairs. Although things are still far from perfect, all my clothes and the dishes are clean and the piles have been sorted and dealt with. 

Meanwhile, I have admitted that it is going to take me until the end of July to finish my revision of The Wishing Box - two weeks longer than I originally planned, with a word count goal of 1800-2000 words a day - and I am still chugging away in my Etsy store, making new pieces/adding new stock to my shop almost daily. If you want to splurge on something pretty for yourself or simply need a unique gift for someone special, I hope you will visit.

* * * * *

The Freedom Giveaway Blog Hop continues! To participate, click HERE and follow the directions. Thanks to all of you for your support! 

* * * * *

What are your plans for the rest of the 4th of July holiday weekend? Casey has to work; Nathan is at his dad's - so it's looking like it's going to be Karma and me hiding out in my bedroom avoiding the inevitable loud noises outside.  

Or maybe I'll go bowling. Did you know about this?


However you celebrate, have fun and be safe!

2 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

The pink is perfect and if you didn't want to paint the quote on the wall, I suggest printing it on some good paper (a trip to a Dick Blick store is in order!) and putting it in a pretty frame. That way, you could change it out, if you wanted.
I got a box of markers yesterday at Hobby Lobby (along with a bunch of beads on sale) to begin drawing and planning some beading designs in a pretty sketch book. AND I'm going in to do my stacked up dishes and then later, label some of my craft bins as I put stuff away. Have a super 4th!

Pam Asberry said...

That's a great idea about putting the quote in a frame, Julee. I just might think about that. I love that you're starting a sketchbook for your beading designs. I tend not to plan my designs; I usually just pull out the beads and findings and start experimenting, but I probably waste a lot of time that way. Good luck with the rest of your chores. Hope you have a super 4th, too!