Sunday, July 17, 2011

Saturday Adventures

A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.
~Wilfred Peterson

The Georgia Romance Writers do not convene during the month of July, but we were encouraged to spend our regular meeting time doing extra writing; some of us chose to meet in small groups to do this. So yesterday morning I drove to the beautiful  Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee House at Walton on the Chattahoochee, hunkered down with friends old and new, and worked on my chapter for the group novel I am writing with some of my blog sisters at the Petit Fours and Hot Tamales.

GRW Pals

Then I headed over to Roswell for the American Bead and Jewelry Show where Melody MacDuffee was working a booth on behalf of Soul of Somanya. We got acquainted while I admired her wares - beautiful recycled glass beads and handcrafted jewelry from the Krobo district of Ghana - and when the show was over we went out for dinner. Three hours seemed like thirty minutes.

Mel & Me

Mel has started a blog about her experiences in Ghana. Click HERE to find out ways you can help with this very worthy cause.

Remember today, for it is the beginning of always. Today marks the start of a brave new future filled with all your dreams can hold. Think truly to the future and make those dreams come true.
~Unknown

2 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Wonderbubble day! Thanks for sharing and may there be many more. When I was in Ohio Valley Writers Guild, we always skipped the July meeting too--way too many people off on vacation or other activities.

Enjoy!

Pam Asberry said...

I think it's partly due to summer vacation, but also because so many of our members attend RWA's national convention. I won't make it to Anaheim in 2012, but you can count me in for Atlanta in 2013!