Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!!

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
~Larry Lorenzoni

* * * * *

I had a wonderful weekend. My friend Pat flew in from Hood River, Oregon on Thursday to help me celebrate my birthday. 


We did it all. We ate Mexican food; we went shopping; I had my hair done; we got pedicures. Then we put on our  pretty dresses and went out to dinner at Ippolitos Saturday night with some of the rest of my favorite people in the whole world, and followed that up with cake and ice cream and presents at my house. I felt like a princess.






The party continued today; I had to drop Pat off at the airport this morning and be back home in time to teach a full load of students this afternoon, but it was fun to watch each face light up when I revealed that today was my birthday. One family even surprised me with fresh flowers and a soy chai latte and gift card from Starbucks.


As a matter of fact, this birthday has been so much fun that I have decided to continue the celebration until my next one rolls around. Please stop by my new blog, Between Birthdays, to find out more. 

This post concludes with a video of Victor Borge playing Happy Birthday in the style of various classical composers. As the kids say, ROFLOL! Thanks, Theresa, for sharing this with me.

8 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAM!

It deserved capital letters. I'm glad you had such a lovely day. You deserve it!

Also, the video is hilarious!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, S.M. Glad you enjoyed Mr. Borge. I wish he had lived forever. I would have loved to see him perform in person!

Jolina Petersheim said...

What a birthday! Glad you had such a lovely celebration, Pam. I spent the days preceding my birthday with my best friend who had been away for three months. That time was the best present I could ask for!

Pam Asberry said...

There is nothing like spending time with a cherished friend, is there? Thank you so much, Jolina!

KendallGrey said...

Happy birthday! I'm so glad it was a great one. You deserve it!

Which Ippolito's did you go to on Saturday, because we were at the one in Suwanee that night. We took the kids to see Better Than Ezra at the park thing there. Had a total blast.

Tami Brothers said...

Happy! Happy! Happy! Birthday!!!!!!!!! Hope you have many more as fun as this one.

Hugs!

Tami

Pam Asberry said...

Kendall, we were at Hamilton Mill. Interesting that we both chose Ippolitos for dinner Saturday night! It's a great place. Love those rolls!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Tami! :-)