Thursday, August 11, 2011

The pillows are finished...


... well, three of them, anyway.

Nathan has to catch the school bus at 6:14 and this getting up at 5:30 every morning is starting to wear on me. Especially since my habit is to stay up until midnight or later.

My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night; 
But ah, my foes and oh, my friends
It gives a lovely light.

~ Edna St. Vincent Millay, A Few Figs From Thistles, 1920

I am looking forward to the weekend and sleeping in a little - and spending time with my friend Pat, who is coming to visit from Hood River, Oregon to help me celebrate my birthday on Saturday. In the meantime, I've got frogs to eat. And today three of those frogs look a lot like those pillows in the picture.

9 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

Those pillows are lovely! Nice job!

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, S.M.! I'm going to finish the rest this morning.

KendallGrey said...

The pillows came out gorgeous! Seriously. Love the colors. What's all this talk about eating frogs? I missed a bunch of posts while galavanting across the universe. :-)

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Kendall! Glad you had such a wonderful summer, and glad you are home safe. Can't wait to see you again! Here's the blog post that started all the frog talk: http://pamasberry.blogspot.com/2011/06/burning-desire.html
This post resonated with a lot of people; apparently I'm not the only one eating frogs for breakfast every morning!

Denise said...

I LOVE the colors you picked. They make me smile.

Pam Asberry said...

Hey Denise. Maybe I can't live at the beach - yet - but I can decorate my house in beach colors if I want to. :-)

Julee J. Adams said...

But, once you eat the frogs, you get to do the more pleasant tasks AND you get your sense of accomplishment. And pillows to make people smile.

And look at you, quoting all poetry and stuff. Mrs. Liddle would be so proud. I am too--have a fantabulous birthday weekend!

Pam Asberry said...

I ate my frogs, Julee. And you are absolutely right: now I have six pretty pillows brightening up my living room. Next week, I will make the window valance. But now I'm off to the gym, then home to piano students, then back out for Nathan's guitar lesson, and finally to the airport to pick up Pat. Then the festivities will commence!

Anonymous said...

Your pillow photo and post reminds me that there actually are wonderful, soft places in the world usually made by women. All in the big picture. You got talent girl!