Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Funday

After all the challenges of the past week, I was sorely in need of rest, relaxation and inspiration and I got all three this weekend. I have already blogged about some of my experiences on Between Birthdays. I also made a "Twist and Tangle Pendant."

It started out with a 23mm Swarovski crystal button, sterling silver wire, and some seed beads.


Then I spent several happy hours wire wrapping an assortment of beads until the button was surrounded and the frame was covered.


I have a penchant for pattern and symmetry, so this project was challenging at first. But I forced myself to let go and gradually reached the point that I found the process to be very relaxing. I focused on the sparkle of each individual bead as I strung it on the wire and slowly began to appreciate the chaotic beauty of the emerging design. It was very freeing. I am already planning my next pendant.

Finally, I heard the witty and wise Haywood Smith speak at the monthly meeting of the Georgia Romance Writers yesterday morning. I will share more about that tomorrow. 

I hope you got what you needed this weekend, too!

6 comments:

SAIDFRAZ said...

wow, I need to see this one in person!

Pam Asberry said...

It is always hard to get a decent photograph at night. I will try to remember to wear this piece when you bring Sam for his piano lesson this week!

KendallGrey said...

Your pieces are so beautiful. Love that twisty look!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Kendall. I love this one, too. It's super blingy! (Is that a word?)

Tami Brothers said...

Very nice! This one caught my eye on Facebook. Had to click over to see it.

Pam Asberry said...

I will try to remember to wear this one to the next GRW meeting, Tami. The more I look at it, the more I like it! :-)