Monday, September 5, 2011

Strawberry Cake


Today is my middle son Casey's 20th birthday; in honor of the occasion, I made him a tofu stir-fry for dinner and his favorite strawberry cake for dessert. Here is the recipe.

STRAWBERRY CAKE

1 box white cake mix
1 box strawberry gelatin
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and crushed

Combine al ingredients. Mix for four minutes with electric mixer. Bake in two eight-inch layer pans, following baking time on cake mix box.

STRAWBERRY POWDERED SUGAR ICING

1 box powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and crushed

Mix sugar and butter; gradually add strawberries until mixture is of spreading consistency.





Happy Birthday, Casey! May all your wishes come true, today and always!


8 comments:

Buffy said...

Oh Pam, he's super adorable -- congratulations on having a lovely son!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Buffy. I think so, too! :-)

S.M. Carrière said...

Gorgeous cake! Happy Birthday, Casey!

KendallGrey said...

OMG, he looks JUST like you! Happy birthday to Casey. My daughter's bday was Saturday, so my son made her a chocolate peanut butter cake. Yum! Strawberry cake sounds pretty awesome too. :-)

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, S.M. Sprinkles make everything beautiful! :-)

Pam Asberry said...

The other two boys look more like their dad, but people always say that Casey looks more like me. Poor Casey! ;-) Chocolate peanut butter cake is more down my alley, but Casey has requested this strawberry cake as long as I can remember. Last night we ate it with "strawberry lemon delight" ice cream from Kroger. It was the perfect foil.

Bryonna Nobles said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL cake, Pam! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. Its going right into my Recipe Box - the one in my house, not on my blog lmao. Not stealing your recipe.

You're son's a cutie. Love the hair. Tell him Happy Birthday!!

Pam Asberry said...

Hey Bryonna, you are welcome to "steal" my recipe. After all, I "stole" it from my ex mother-in-law, LOL! Incidently, this is the same son who decorated my kitchen lamp with the bananas. There is never a dull moment around here!