Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


The sunshine peeked through the clouds both literally and figuratively today; I feel my spirits lifting, and I thank all of you for your encouragement and support.

Today I am participating in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, a blog hop hosted by From This Side of the Pond. Click HERE to see the responses of other participants. I love this stuff!

1. What is one piece of advice you would give a "just-turning" 21 year old adult?

Don't be in such a hurry to be a grown-up. Live. Love. Laugh. Play. Travel the world. Pursue your dreams.

2. Besides cooler weather (or warmer weather, depending on your hemisphere) what is one thing you are looking forward to this fall?

I am going on a cruise the week of Thanksgiving. Anticipation of being on board that big boat does worlds for getting me through a really bad day.

3. What sound lulls you to sleep?

The sound of silence. And I don't mean the song by Simon & Garfunkel. I mean pure, unadulterated silence. The rhythm of the ocean is also very soothing. I never sleep better than in an interior cabin on a cruise ship.

4. September is National Preparedness Month. Does your family have an emergency "kit" and/or disaster plan in place?

No. My cup is half full.

5. How has your blog changed since you started blogging? Or has it?

The premise of my blog hasn't changed, but I am definitely blogging more frequently than I did in the beginning (I posted only four times in the second half of 2008, and have posted more than that already during the month of September) and I have been told I am a better writer. I like to think so.

6. What's something you've recently learned to do on the computer?

I added scrapbooking software and learned how to use it - just the tip of the iceberg, really, but it was a lot of fun.

7. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.

Probably. But this is very frustrating to a wordsmith. I know I should learn how to use those manual settings on my camera. In the meantime, though, I guess I'll keep writing.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Today is tomorrow's yesterday.

Happy Wednesday, y'all!

2 comments:

Buffy said...

Pam, I'm glad your clouds are lifting right now and I'm glad you have your cruise to look forward to.

Have a lovely Thursday. <3

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Buffy. You, too! (((hugs)))