Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jane Austen Book Club: Persuasion

Me wearing the cool t-shirt Denise designed just for our group.
My Jane Austen Book Club pals and I met yesterday to discuss our sixth and final book, Persuasion. As usual, we began at Denise's house for lunch and book study, and then reconvened at Jennifer's house for dinner and the corresponding movie.

Jennifer's house is always decked for the holidays.
Our main course was spinach rolls.
 For dessert, there was German Chocolate Pie. I wish I had taken a picture of that, too.
Jennifer
Theresa
Denise
Aren't my friends beautiful? And let me assure you they are amazing inside and out. Despite the fact that everyone else had actually finished reading the book, since I had only made it halfway through they refused to discuss the story past the point at which I had stopped reading; we will plan encore meeting after I reach the end.

So now, if you will excuse me, I have a date with my Kindle.

5 comments:

Tami Brothers said...

Looks like fun. You have some amazing friends.

Pam Asberry said...

I sure do, Tami. And now that it is said and done, I am glad I didn't finish the book, so we have an excuse to meet one more time!

Julee J. Adams said...

That's the way to think about it! I so have to come down and party with y'all....

Thanks for sharing your good time!

Pam Asberry said...

You would fit right in, Julee! :-)

Cheap Flights said...

Sydney is full of surprises that will never disappoint the visitors taking Cheap flights to Sydney.