Monday, October 10, 2011

My Amazing Life List Revisited

What are you waiting for?
A couple of weeks ago, I revisited the Amazing Life List I posted on March 15, 2010. I have crossed off eleven items - numbers 16, 27, 37, 38, 40, 45, 50, 51, 56, 61, and 83, in case you are interested; eliminated a handful of tasks that are no longer important to me; and added a few more. That leaves me with 88 items to complete, as follows.

TRAVEL:
1. Spend a summer in France.
2. Spend a week in New York City; see the sights; attend a Broadway play.
3. Cruise to Alaska.
4. Vacation in Hawaii.
5. Go on a walking tour of Ireland.
6. Vacation in England/Scotland/Wales.
7. Spend a summer in the Mediterranean: Greece, Spain, Italy.
8. See Australia and New Zealand.
9. Go to Africa.
10. See the Grand Canyon.
11. Set foot in all 50 states.
12. See the Great Wall of China.
13. Visit Egypt.
14. Spend a summer driving across the United States, coast to coast, with no itinerary.
15. Return to Nantucket.
16. Visit Los Angeles.
17. Cruise through the Panama Canal.
18. Go on a cruise with my parents, children, and brother and sister-in-law.
19. Go on a cruise with Pat.
20. Do the Southern Caribbean cruise itinerary on Carnival Cruise Line.

EVENTS:
21. See the Rockettes Christmas Show in New York City.
22. Attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
23. Be in the audience of the David Letterman show.
24. Drink a beer at Oktoberfest in Munich.
25. Attend a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado.
26. Walk with the Sweet Potato Queens in the St. Patrick's Day parade in Jackson, Mississippi.
27. Attend my 40th high school reunion.

READING:
28. Read all of Jane Austen's novels.
29. Read War and Peace.

WRITING:
30. Finish, revise and polish my first novel.
31. Find a publisher for my novel.
32. Become a New York Times bestselling author.
33. Sign my book at an autograph session.
34. Have an article published in a national magazine.
35. Speak at a writing conference.
36. Attend a national writing conference.

RANDOM & MISCELLANEOUS
37. Get a tattoo.
38. Review my French and speak it fluently.
39. Learn Spanish conversationally.
40. Learn shag dancing.

EXPERIENCES:
41. Bowl a 200+ game.
42. Speak in front of 1000 people.
43. Fly first class.
44. Serve on a jury.
45. Be an extra in a film.

HEALTH/FITNESS:
46. Stop biting my fingernails.
47. Weigh 110 pounds.
48. Overcome water phobia and become a strong swimmer.
49. Start a running program.

ADVENTURE:
50. Go parasailing.
51. Go sky diving.
52. Go up in a hot air balloon.
53. Walk/run a half-marathon.
54. Go snow skiing.
55. Swim with dolphins.

HOME & HEARTH:
56. Get rid of everything I don't absolutely need or love.
57. Own a house at the beach (might be on a lake, might be on the ocean - doesn't matter as long as it's someplace warm).
58. Make it my dream home.
59. Establish an herb garden.
60. Plant an Eastern red cedar tree.
61. Keep chickens.
62. Get a kitten and name it Panzer.

MUSIC:
63. Master Chopin's Scherzo in B-Flat Minor.
64. Master Mozart's Piano Concerto, K. 466, and perform it with an orchestra.
65. Learn how to play the hammered dulcimer.
66. Learn how to play the mandolin.
67. Write a song (piano and lyrics).
68. Sing karaoke in public.
69. Play in a music ensemble.

STUFF:
70. Own a grand piano.
71. Own a sexy car.
72. Own an iPad.

HOBBIES:
73. Crochet a granny square afghan.
74. Knit a pair of socks.
75. Knit a sweater.
76. Make a scrapbook photo album for each of my children.
77. Make a scrapbook album Book Of Me.
78. Organize my loose recipes/compile a family cookbook.
79. Make lye soap.
80. Make divinity.
81. Take a cake decorating class.
82. Go to pastry school.
83. Make memory quilts for my family.

FINANCIAL:
84. Write a will.
85. Pay off my credit cards.
86. Achieve financial peace.

PIE IN THE SKY:
87. Fall madly in love with Mr. Right.
88. Have the wedding of my dreams.

Have you written your bucket list?

16 comments:

Ashley Nixon said...

I have! It was something my English teacher had us do! I've accomplished a few things, although I feel a new list is in order since I'm older now.

KendallGrey said...

I'll totally go get a tattoo with you. I know a place in Maui. Call me when you're ready. ;-)

Josh Geyer said...

You can take my place next time I get called for Jury Duty :D

Pam Asberry said...

That's probably a good idea, Ashley. It's funny how our priorities change, even from year to year. Keep us posted!

Pam Asberry said...

Kendall, that sounds PERFECT. :-)

Pam Asberry said...

I have been called several times, Josh but never actually had the opportunity to serve on a jury, just wasted the days sitting around waiting. :-(

R.R. said...

I did have a list but now I'm ashamed after seeing yours!

Tami Brothers said...

I LOVE your list, Pam. I've done a few (very few) things on mine. I think I need to make some major revisions, though. There are things I originally wanted to do but really don't now.

I'll totally go skydiving with you. Let me know when. If finances will allow, I'm there.

:)

Tami

Julee J. Adams said...

There you go--you've made progress and I'm proud!
I've done 9 of the things on your list, but you've done about the same number on mine, I'm sure.
I WILL see you at the 40th! We'll both relish being published by then, right?

Pam Asberry said...

At least you have a list, R.R.! That's nothing to be ashamed of!

Pam Asberry said...

Finances are the only thing keeping me from doing a lot of the things on my list, Tami. But sky diving is high priority. I will keep you posted!

Pam Asberry said...

Maybe we can do a signing at the reunion, Julee! LOL!

Buffy said...

Pam, I don't think I've told you that you are one of my favorite new-ish (to me) people on the internet. I've been planning a tattoo -- maybe a Mary Oliver quote. Come to Denver and visit me. :)

Pam Asberry said...

Wow, Buffy, thank you so much! I want to hear more about that tattoo - what quote are you thinking about? And be careful what you wish for; I just might show up on your doorstep one of these days! :-)

Buffy said...

So, the Mary Oliver quote:

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild & precious life?

Good stuff, eh?

Pam Asberry said...

That's a GREAT quote, Buffy. I'm not ready to put it on my arm just yet, but it's going on my bulletin board STAT!