Monday, November 14, 2011

Beading To Beat Autism


On Friday I blogged at Between Birthdays about my first beading session in support of Beading To Beat Autism, high school student Michala Rigga's organization attempting to raise $300 million to build an autism research and treatment center in Louisville, Kentucky. There were only three of us then, but I had another gathering on Sunday: four moms and three daughters plus me, for a total of eight bracelet makers.


I am hosting yet another work session tomorrow from 10-1, with more to follow. I need all the help I can get, because I have committed to making and selling 300 bracelets in 30 days! We have a long way to go, so I hope you will join me in this effort. Even if you live far away and cannot come and bead with us, you can help by buying bracelets. Each one is handcrafted and unique and comes packaged in a ziplock bag with a full color trifold insert explaining the details of the project.


The suggested donation is only $3 per bracelet. 6", 7", and 8" lengths available and we will do our best to honor your color preferences, or let us choose a design for you. These make great party favors, stocking stuffers, and holiday gifts for teens and teachers. Checks should be made payable to Beading To Beat Autism; all proceeds will go directly to the organization. Please leave a comment if you would like to place an order and we will work out the details. Thank you in advance for your support!

2 comments:

R.R. said...

Please see the long-winded message I left for you on FaceBook - haha! I would be honored to have some of your creations. They will be an integral part of my Honky Tonk Blues Cowboy attire. I will include extra offering due to custom request! Thanks. RR

Pam Asberry said...

Yay, R.R.! I am off to Facebook to look for your message!