Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving, Day 5: My Stuff

Two or three times a year, I go on a rampage to rid my world of clutter. I go through drawers and closets and the contents of the garage and pack boxes and bags with unwanted items and haul them off to Goodwill.

But mostly I am thankful for my creature comforts and material possessions. I am blessed to own many things I dearly love or would be hard-pressed to live without. My piano. My sewing machine. My laptop. My iPhone. My Kindle. My camera. My daughter's ring. My grandmother's dining room furniture. Artwork created by my children. Craft supplies. Books and music and CD's. My car. The pendant carved from a coconut shell purchased at the beach in Costa Rica. I could go on and on.

This Thanksgiving, I renew my commitment to simplifying my life so that I can more fully appreciate that which remains.

2 comments:

Tami Brothers said...

These are great, Pam! I agree. We often take our "stuff" for granted. It's a nice reminder to think about the things we have and remember those that aren't so lucky.

:)

Tami

Pam Asberry said...

That's a great point, Tami. I hope you and yours have had a blessed week!