Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving, Day 7: Home At Last

Carnival Inspiration
This was officially the weirdest Thanksgiving of my life. But it would be just plain wrong to complain about a day that started on board a cruise ship. Even if it was the last day of our vacation.

We docked in Tampa before dawn, disembarked the ship and sped through customs, caught our shuttle back to the car, and were on the road headed north by 9AM. My son and I shared the driving; we stopped twice for gas and twice for food but made it home in record time. All in all, it was a delightful cruise; I will share more details later. But right this minute, I cannot tell you how thankful I am to be home, stretched out on my bed with my computer on my lap and my dog curled up beside me.

Whether you enjoyed a traditional holiday or did something out of the ordinary, I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving with the people you love the most.

2 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Glad you had a great time and glad you're home safe! Those unusual holidays are the ones we'll remember the most. Relax and get ready to jump back into your routine all refreshed.

Quiet day here, but FIL will have to have surgery soon and I start my new job on Monday. Take care!

Pam Asberry said...

Nathan and I definitely made some great memories, Julee! Hope all goes well with your FIL's surgery and congrats on the new job. It's been a tumultuous year, hasn't it?