Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas To All


We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
~ Joseph Campbell

In some ways, I have enjoyed this holiday season more than any other. 

I have beaded and baked. I have wire wrapped and stamped and dapped. I have written cards and gone to the mall and wrapped gifts and spent time with my boys. I have listened to my students play "Jingle Bells" and tickled the ivories myself and watched all of my favorite Christmas movies. I am looking forward to driving to southern Illinois on Christmas Day and spending the holidays with my parents and my brother and his wife and two of my three children.

A person shouldn't ask for more. So I'm not going to. I am going to revel in what I have - today, right this minute. Naturally, I'm looking ahead the New Year - to resolve or not to resolve? - and what I hope it brings to me. But there is one thing know for sure. In the past few weeks, I have let go of my to-do lists and expectations, and I have been happier - and more productive - than I have ever been before. I can't help but believe that a better life than I could have ever imagined for myself is just a heartbeat away.

I wish you and yours a very merry Christmas. 

2 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

This is absurdly late, but I'm just catching up on my blogs now. However:

Merry Christmas! I hope yours was wonderful!

Pam Asberry said...

It was, S.M.! It's great to have you back! :-)