Monday, February 27, 2012

48 Questions

Channeling Margaret Mitchell.
Click HERE to read about my visit to her house in Atlanta.
After a long, dry spell, I finally went out on a real date last night. It was pleasant but anticlimactic; I will be surprised if the gentleman calls me again. But that's okay, because every time I share an experience - positive or negative - with another human being, I collect information that I can only hope will help me make good decisions as I attempt to navigate the murky, rough waters of dating and relationships. At the very least, I gather material to use in my fiction writing.

But more about that later. Today's post is just for fun. I don't remember where I first saw them, but these 48 questions have been making their rounds of the blogosphere for a while now. Here are my responses.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 8:00. Don't hate me. I went to bed at midnight.
2. How do you like your steak? I am more of a salmon kind of girl. But every now and then I crave a juicy filet - medium well - and I have one. Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. (Emerson)
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? One for the Money. I enjoyed it. But the book was better.
4. What is your favorite TV show? I really don't watch much TV. But I never miss Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, or House. And I am currently smitten with Once Upon A Time. 
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I don't think I have traveled enough to answer that question definitively. I do love me a sunny island in the Caribbean. But all my friends are in Atlanta. Hm.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Half a whole wheat bagel smeared with homemade honey pecan cream cheese. And coffee. Always coffee.
7. What is your favorite food? I rarely meet food I don't like. Except canned spinach. Please don't ask me to eat spinach out of a can. Thank you. But to answer the question, if I were on death row and it was time to choose my last meal, I might ask for salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, and key lime pie. Or eggplant parmesan, crusty bread and olive oil, and tiramisu. Or a blue cheese burger, steak fries, and a brownie with ice cream. See what I mean?
8. Foods you dislike? See question 7.
9. Favorite place to eat? The home of a friend.
10. Favorite dressing? Blue cheese. With a side of celery and hot wings. And a handcrafted beer. Please add this to #7. It's a wonder I don't weigh 500 pounds.
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? 2005 Honda Accord. 110,000 trouble free miles.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Summer: tank top, denim skirt, flip flops. Winter: fleece pants, flannel nightgown, fuzzy socks--in the privacy of my home, of course.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? There are SO MANY PLACES I want to go. France. Ireland. Canada. Alaska. Hawaii. Australia. Bali. Savannah. Charleston. Sigh.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Half full. Definitely.
15. Where do you want to retire? I am much too young to be thinking about that.
16. Favorite time of day? Early afternoon, when the chores are done and the sun is shining. Preferably sitting on a warm patio with an ice cold adult beverage in front of me and a steel drum band playing in the background.
17. Where were you born? Ironton, Missouri. Show me.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Professional tennis. Does that make me a geek?
19. What is your favorite fragrance? Juicy Couture.
20. What is your favorite face cream? BeautiControl.
21. Favorite baby/kid products? I haven't thought about that in years. Thank goodness.
22. People watcher? All the time.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I'm more of an afternoon person.
24. Do you have any pets? A golden retriever mix named Karma. The best dog ever.
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I am going to the Silken Sands Conference in Pensacola in a couple of weeks. I can hardly wait!
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A piano teacher. And once I make up my mind about something, there is no stopping me.
27. What is your favorite memory? I have many. But I will always treasure memories of curling up on the sofa sharing books with my boys.
28. Are you a cat or a dog person? Ironically, I am a cat person. But my 20yo is allergic to cats. So I have a dog instead.
29. Are you married? Heavens, no. Been there, done that.
30. Always wear your seat belt? YES.
31. Been in a car accident? Yes. Several. I don't think it's possible to live in this area and avoid it.
32. Any pet peeves? Rude, aggressive drivers. People who talk on their cell phones in public places. And people who toss their cigarette butts on the ground. The world is not your ash tray, folks.
33. Favorite pizza toppings? Veggies. Lots of 'em.
34. Favorite flower? Pink roses.
35. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate chip cookie dough or cookies and cream.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Burger King, home of the BK Veggie. I love their fries, too.
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Zero.
38. From whom did you get your last email? Pat.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Piano Works. On a grand piano.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? 
41. Like your job? Yes.
42. Broccoli? Yes. Raw, steamed, or stir fried. I love it.
43. What was your favorite vacation? Cruising on the Carnival Legend. Every day was perfect.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? A date from Plenty Of Fish. I don't want to talk about it.
45. What are you listening to right now? Karma snoring.
46. What is your favorite color? Pink!
47. How many tattoos do you have? None yet. I'm still thinking...
48. Coffee drinker? Definitely.

Now, are there any questions YOU would like to ask?

No comments: