Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Adventure Continues

August, 2003
If only we could lock them up and keep them safe forever.

And why does it make you sad to see how everything hangs by such thin and whimsical threads? Because you're a dreamer, an incredible dreamer, with a tiny spark hidden somewhere inside you which cannot die, which even you cannot kill or quench and which tortures you horribly because all the odds are against its continual burning. In the midst of the foulest decay and putrid savagery, this spark speaks to you of beauty, of human warmth and kindness, of goodness, of greatness, of heroism, of martyrdom, and it speaks to you of love.

~ Eldridge Cleaver


My kids make mistakes. People I cherish get sick, get hurt, even die. Things wear out or break, necessitating replacement or repair. April 15th rolls around every spring.

After so many years of life on this planet, why do these events still catch me off guard?

The older I get, the more I realize how little control I really have over anything besides my own behavior. So this is where I choose to place my focus. Nothing and no one can take away my dreams. But the only way I can impact the outcome is to do the work.

1000 words a day.

I managed 522 this morning. Which means I've got 478 to go.

I'll see you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Petit Fours and Hot Tamales Bloggers said...

I hope you reached your goal. If not, tomorrow is another day. Start fresh.

(((Hugs)))

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Oops. Um...just for the record, that was me above. Didn't realize I was logged in as PFHT.

Julee J. Adams said...

Just another step on the journey. It's going to be okay, truly. Take care of yourself and do the best you can. That is all. Now, get to work. LOL!

Patricia said...

You're my hero. Love ya.

S.M. Carrière said...

*Dancing with pompoms.

You can do it, Pam!