Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Busy Hands

I went on a jewelry-making frenzy over the weekend. It's a great escape; my hands are busy but my mind is free to wander here, there and everywhere. And in the end I have beautiful pieces to add to my Etsy shop (click HERE).

I made eight pairs of earrings,

Sunflowers, goddesses, amazonite, lapis and more.

two stamped metal pendants,

These are copper; I plan to offer brass, sterling and silver-filled, as well.

and eight more pendants following the directions in this tutorial.

With the addition of some charms, crystals, and pearls, these will be funky and fun.
I will start listing these pieces in my online store tomorrow. 

What do you do to occupy your hands and clear your head?

2 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

I go to martial arts training more often than not. Concentrating hard on the task at hands makes my problems disappear for long enough that I can relax for a while.

I also sketch. That's a great way to simultaneously focus and relax.

You have made some gorgeous pieces! Quite the talent, I see!

Pam Asberry said...

Running is another outlet of mine, S.M., but I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, LOL! Thank you for your kind words. I don't know how talented I am; I just keep playing with the materials until I come up with something that pleases with me. I was very happy with the work I did over the weekend!