Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Water for the World

SeDonna and Me
Saturday my brother, his wife and I participated in the Water for the World Run at Mount Pisgah United Methodist Church in Johns Creek, Georgia. Since 2008, participants in the Water for the World Run have helped New Life International fund water purification systems in Lebanon, Nigeria and Kenya, providing water for up to 100,000 people. To learn more about this ministry or to make a donation, click HERE.

Incidentally, I finished the 5K race in just under 40 minutes - nothing to brag about, really, but I have said all along that my goal isn't to win but merely to FINISH one running event each month in 2012. I'm six for five. So far, so good.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Oh, Wow! That's simply amazing. I couldn't walk that far. And, I'm so happy it was for such a good cause.

Pam Asberry said...

It really is a great cause, Claire - one I plan to continue to support. Thank you for stopping by! :-)

S.M. Carrière said...

Oh wow, Pam! That's incredible! Go you!

Pam Asberry said...

You are too kind, S.M. But thank you! :-)