Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beads, beads, beads

This week I've been playing with semi-precious stones.

Agates, black onyx, and Swarovski pearls in various combinations.
More black onyx.
Tomorrow I will add clasps to all these pieces and put together some matching earrings and start adding them to my Etsy store

I also made myself a new copper chain maille bracelet

Byzantine Rose.
and bought supplies to make inverted roundmaille bracelets in a rainbow of colors.

Jet Black is in my shop now. Capri Blue, Peridot, Rose and Fire Opal are coming soon.
Playing with beads is therapeutic for me. Experimenting with colors, patterns and designs grounds me in the moment; lost love, past regrets, and concerns about the future disappear completely. 

This is a  very good thing. 

2 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

They really are wonderful, Pam!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, S.M.!! :-)