Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Round of Words in 80 Days

Writing can be a lonely business. And while there is no substitute for face time, there are online communities to provide both a social outlet and accountability. One such group is ROW80. I am jumping in with both feet.

All you have to do to be a part of ROW80 is establish a specific and measurable goal, blog about it, and post the link on the ROW80 website. Then you are to check in twice a week, on Wednesdays and Sundays, reporting on your progress and updating the same way. Although there are four rounds each year, with specific beginning and ending dates, participants are encouraged to jump in at any time. (Each round lasts 80 days, hence the name.)

So here I am, committing to adding a minimum of 1000 words per day to my current manuscript. I am trying to spend a couple of hours every day working on it, but I am revising as well as writing, so it is slow going at times. My goal is to complete this revision before the Moonlight and Magnolias Conference in October; 1000 words a day will get me there.

I am excited about being a part of the ROW 80 community, as well as FINALLY finishing this novel. I think I can!

4 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

I know you can! Go Pam!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks you, S.M.! :-)

RJF said...

Welcome to ROW80 :D Good luck with your word count goals :)

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, RJF! I am pleased to meet you and look forward to following your progress, too!