Monday, August 27, 2012

AMP It Up 5K


Saturday evening Rock Star and I ran in the AMP It Up 5K at West Bend Park in Cumming, GA. All proceeds from this event went to benefit Adventure Amputee Camp to expand annual summer camps for children with amputations and limb differences. I finished in 42 minutes and 1 second; my goal is to shave one minute off each mile and finish the 5K portion of the Young Survival Coalition's Tour de Pink Atlanta in 39 minutes or less. As of this writing, I have received $120 towards my fundraising goal of $500. Click HERE to view my fundraising page and make a donation. Remember, contributions are tax-deductible, and for every $50 donation, you are eligible to be entered into a drawing to win a Mini-Cooper! Thank you in advance for your support of this great cause.

2 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

Go Pam! I can't even run 5k, so I'm astounded!

Pam Asberry said...

And I *DID* run, S.M., every single step! I just don't run very *FAST*! ;-)