Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Christmas in August


Inspired by the cooler temperatures here in metro Atlanta this morning - it's not even 80 degrees yet, and it's almost noon! - I pulled out some beads and findings and put together some holiday earrings.

I made shiny, iridescent Christmas trees

These really sparkle.
and cheerful snowman expressing their individual personalities through the colors of the scarves.

Fuschia.
Sapphire.
Amethyst.
(Out of focus. Sorry.)
Then I made another pair of earrings from some black crystal moon beads I bought ages ago.

I am looking forward to wearing these.
I really need to stop beading until I get some better photographs and add all these new pieces, along with everything I made over the summer, to my Etsy store. But making the jewelry is the fun part.

Am I the only one thinking about Christmas today?

8 comments:

eric said...

The downside to having such a lovely and talented sister is the bitterness I feel that you hogged all the good genes and didn't leave any for me. ;)

Pam Asberry said...

Yeah, RIGHT! Which reminds me, I need some help updating my studio website... ;-)

SAIDFRAZ said...

well, I'm certainly not thinking about Christmas, never do until at least November - and then kick myself for not thinking about it sooner. As usual, love your stuff and bow to you for thinking ahead!

S.M. Carrière said...

They're gorgeous! I particularly like the last pair. Nicely done, Pam!

Pam Asberry said...

It's not too late to start early, Sherri... ;-)

Pam Asberry said...

I love the way those turned out too, S.M. I was having so much fun beading this morning that it was hard to stop! :-)

Patricia said...

LOVE LOVE the Christmas trees!

Pam Asberry said...

They're in my shop now, Pat.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/106432800/green-ab-crystal-christmas-tree-earrings