Monday, September 10, 2012

Blog Post #500

Cheers!
I started writing this blog way back in the summer of 2008. So much has happened during these four years. If you have been following me from the beginning, you know all the stories. There have been romance and heartbreak, comedy and tragedy, new beginnings and difficult endings, good times and hard times. I like to think that I have grown as a result of these experiences; in many ways, I am more sure of myself and my place in the world than I ever have been. Still, there are times I feel lost, frightened and alone. And although many things have changed, much has remained the same.

July 6, 2008
In this blog I will share many, many adventures. I am a single mom, a daughter and a sister; a music maker and piano teacher; a writer; a lover and a friend; a dog owner; a maker of things, including but not limited to collage art, knitting, crocheting, quilting, and beading. I cook and bake and clean and do laundry and all the other several hundred things it takes to keep a household running. To tell you the truth, I often have a hard time keeping up with everything and maintaining order and balance in my life. It might have something to do with that denial thing. I am hoping that writing about it will help.

Whether you are a new reader or an old friend, thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this journey with me. Knowing you are out there, with your support and good wishes, means more to me than you can imagine. Keep those comments coming.

Here's to the next five hundred blog posts.

16 comments:

Denise Stewart said...

I LOVE your blog, I LOVE your adventures, I LOVE you. You inspired me to reach out and live a great big life out loud. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting it all there and for being such an amazing friend.

Pam Asberry said...

Your comment brought tears to my eyes, Denise. There's not much more we can do than live a great big life out loud. I'm looking forward to reading your 500th blog post. :-)

S.M. Carrière said...

I've come rather late to the party, but I've certainly loved every minute of it.

You are such a light, Pam. I'm so glad to have gotten to know you!

Pam Asberry said...

I feel exactly the same way about you, S.M. I am glad you are one of my peeps! :-)

R. R. Roses said...

I can't imagine 500 blog posts. I can't even write one. Congrats and thanks for sharing your journey. It really matters.

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you for your support over the years, R.R. It means the world to me!

Anonymous said...

Yes, four years is quite a journey, could be a military tour, an educational stint, a sabatical. Call it what you want, take it from the Gestahlt, it's four hearty years of heartfelt coorespondence from a beautiful heart.

Steven Heath said...

Congratulations on your 500th post! I love reading about your journey; it inspires me so much. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself.

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, Anonymous. These past four years have been all of those things. Thank you for being part of my journey.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks so much, Steven. I appreciate you reading my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. It's people like you who keep me going!

Julee J. Adams said...

Congrats, sweetie! You've been an inspiration to me and got me started. That's the truth. So grateful we've been able to reconnect. Keep 'em coming! Love ya!

Pam Asberry said...

I am happy to know that, Julee. It is great to be reconnected with you, to read your blog and know that you are writing, too. I'm looking forward to attending your book signing at B&N in Evansville! :-)

Eydie said...

Pam,
What an accomplishment. 500 blog posts.
And to think of all the accomplishments you’ve shared during that time.
Be proud, my friend.
You are amazing.
XOXO

Pam Asberry said...

If I weren't proud already, Eydie, I am now. Thank you, thank you. :-)

Kelly Blackwell said...

Congratulations on your 500th post. That is no small feat. I am very new here, but I look forward to joining in on the journey. :)

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you so much, Kelly! I hope you will come back and visit often!