Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dream Journal


According to author Kelly Stone, the instructor of the online class, Empower Your Muse, I am taking this month, "a dream journal is a physical manifestation of your intention to gain access to your subconscious mind's resources and guidance, and enhances the reinforcement mechanism that will improve your recall over time. Decorating and personalizing a dream journal gives your dreams a special place to live and creates a feeling of sacredness about them."

Tonight, on the heels of a disappointing day battling child support with my ex, I created the dream journal pictured above. It was very satisfying to cut images and words from old magazines and glue them onto the cover of a fifty-cent composition book I purchased at the grocery store. Now my new dream journal rests on the writing desk next to my bed, my favorite purple pen lying beside it. Tonight, before I go to sleep, I am asking my subconscious to help me remember my dreams so I can record them, whether it's the middle of the night or the wee hours of the morning. Who knows what insights and ideas might be hiding there?

Do you believe your subconscious mind communicates with you through your dreams?

6 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

I just made a folder of pictures and posts I want to have printed so I can make my "inspiration" book. Will start working on it later this week. We need to do this, don't we?

Pam Asberry said...

Yes we do, Julee. It's not child's play; it's part of our creative process. I am finally learning to be respectful of it.

Kelly L Stone said...

Love it!! :)

Kelly

S.M. Carrière said...

Without a doubt, I do. Dreams are so important... and so ignored.

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, Kelly! I owe it all to you! :-)

Pam Asberry said...

I know I have been ignoring mine for the most part, S.M. Hopefully this journal will change all that!