Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vision Board


A recent assignment in my online writing class with Kelly Stone was to create a vision board to help stimulate creativity. I finally finished mine, a collage to help motivate my writing in general. For some reason, I am drawn more to words and phrases than to pictures but I managed to include a little bit of everything here: the elements of a good story, admonishment to avoid procrastination, and a couple of pictures of what eventual success might look like (a wine toast with friends) and feel like (fireworks over Maui). HA! Click on the picture to see more detail.

I am collecting pictures for a couple more collages I want to make. One is a character collage for my work in progress; the other is a "dream" collage, images of some of the things my heart desires, like a beach house, a grand piano, and a red hot lover. Hey, why not?

Have you ever made a vision board? What was the experience like for you?

#

Now it's time to set my goals for the upcoming round of A Round of Words in 80 Days. I will continue to meet my daily goal of 500 words a day/3500 words a week until my current manuscript is complete, no later than the end of October. Then it will be November, National Novel Writing Month; I fully intend to WIN this year, meaning I will complete 50,000 words between November 1st and November 30th, or an average of 1667 words a day. If you are a NaNoWriMo participant, I hope you will add me as a Writing Buddy; my username is "pamasberry." After that, I will return to my daily goal of 500 words a day for the month of December. If all goes according to plan, I will have three completed manuscripts by the end of the year. Won't that be something?

6 comments:

Ravens said...

Good simple goals - good luck. Hoping to 'win' NaNoWriMo myself too - still wrestling with what to write. Have several Flash Fiction that might be expanded on.

Ryan King said...

Sounds like a solid plan. Good luck :)

Pam Asberry said...

I haven't decided what my NoNoWriMo project will be either, Ravens. I am thinking I might do something really crazy. ;-)

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Ryan! Good luck to you, too!

Kelly Blackwell said...

I love your Vision Board and I think that you have some wonderful goals! So excited for you!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Kelly! I don't feel that I am very artistic but I love making collages. And it really does help having a visual reminder of my goals. I appreciate your support!