Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Whisperings Solo Piano Concert


Sunday morning Rock Star and I climbed into my car and headed to beautiful Lindsay Street Hall in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee for the Whisperings Solo Piano Concert featuring David Lanz, Michael Dulin and Joseph Akins.

l-r: David Lanz, Michael Dulin, Joseph Akins
There was a nine-foot Steinway grand piano in the house.


The artists took turns performing sets of their original compositions then concluded the concert with a rousing joint improvisation. Hand clapping, foot stomping, and a standing ovation ensued.


Following the program, I indulged my inner fangirl. I purchased CD's and sheet music, collected autographs, and took advantage of every photo opportunity.

Singer Unita Akins, Joseph Akins, Pam Asberry

Pam Asberry, Michael Dulin

Pam Asberry, David Lanz
There was even a cameo appearance by Irish pianist J. J. Sheridan

J. J. Sheridan playing The Londonderry Air.
After the last fan had left for home, I had the privilege of joining the artists for dinner at Tony's Pasta Shop and Trattoria for a lovely dinner. 

Salmon Spinach Salad.
If you ever have an opportunity to hear one of these musicians perform in your area, I hope you will take advantage of it. These men make some of the most beautiful music on the planet. In the meantime, I encourage you to visit their websites and listen to Whisperings Solo Piano Radio, available for free on the internet.

6 comments:

carbiebash said...

Great post Pam.....it was also very nice to meet you. The music was wonderful!!!

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, Barbara, it was fantastic to finally meet you. And the music was delightful! I hope our paths will cross again soon! :-)

S.M. Carrière said...

Sounds like fun!

Kelly Blackwell said...

Looks like a great time, and WOW the food pic too...yummy!

Pam Asberry said...

It was SO much fun, S.M.! Sometimes I listen to solo piano music when I write; lyrics distract me, but sometimes instrumental music helps me to maintain focus.

Pam Asberry said...

It WAS a great time, Kelly, and that was the best spinach salad I ever had. I don't know what was in the dressing, but it was spectacular!