Monday, October 22, 2012

Butch's All-American BBQ

Friday I had the pleasure of dining at Butch's All American BBQ restaurant.

Located in Buford, Georgia at the intersection of Braselton Highway and Old Peachtree Road, don't let the unassuming exterior deceive you.


Butch serves up some of the best southern food in the area: slow-cooked barbecue, scrumptious sides, delectable desserts, and plenty of sweet tea. The menu is huge; I had a terrible time deciding what to order. I finally settled on a chicken barbecue plate with potato/spinach/onion/cheese casserole, collard greens and corn cakes. For dessert, I chose banana pudding. I ate every bite of everything.

 

Owner Butch Walker is a native southerner who's been cooking barbecue and doing catering for thirty years. According to his website, "after along career in the corporate world, Butch traded in his necktie for an apron and is now fulfilling his passion, offering an upbeat dining experience where people can gather together to enjoy the pleasures of good southern food and warm hospitality." Butch is supported in this family run business by his wife, Linda, and his daughter and c0-owner, Melissa Kamphuis.
Linda and Butch
You owe it to yourself to pay Butch's All American BBQ a visit. Print a copy of this blog post and present it at the counter to receive ten percent off your order. You just might see me there!


8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yum! Our next lunch date?

Pam Asberry said...

Brilliant idea, Jennifer! The sooner, the better! :-)

Kelly Blackwell said...

Oh how we love BBQ. Sadly we live in AZ and barely can find good BBQ here. Though there is Hog Wild. :) If we are ever in the area...we will be there! :)

Pam Asberry said...

If you ever come through Atlanta, Kelly, let me know! :-)

Libby said...

Sounds Delicious!

Pam Asberry said...

It *IS*, Libby. I have already made plans to meet a friend there for lunch next week. I can hardly wait!

John Criminger said...

I tried it last week and was very surprised. It's a small place with big value. Corn cakes? What can I say but WOW. Black beans in their baked beans? Fantastic. But the kicker is his Kentucky White sauce. Who needs food to put it on; I'd eat it with a spoon. What a great place. Luckily, I drive right in front of it several times a week. I just never saw it.

Pam Asberry said...

I haven't tried the new Kentucky White sauce yet, John, but I think it's time I did. Thank so much for visiting the restaurant and taking the time to come by the blog and leave a comment. Happy New Year!