Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I needed a laugh today...

Arguably, I should have spent the past two hours writing. Instead, I spent them searching for something, ANYTHING inspirational to include in today's blog post, my ROW80 update.

I haven't added a word to my novel since last Wednesday. On the contrary, I deleted (on purpose) almost twelve thousand words from my manuscript day before yesterday. Since then, my life has not been my own. Which explains why the little video below resonated with me as it did. If you are trying to write with children of any age in the house, you will understand why I laughed until I cried.


Still, I am more determined than ever to get this job done. I will write 1500 words a day for the next twenty days, completing my work-in-progress on October 30th. That will be good practice for NaNoWriMo, during which I will begin a new project and complete 50,000 words in 30 days. I will set goals for the remainder of the year at that time.

Ready. Set. Go!

10 comments:

charismaloy said...

Best of luck on your word count goals. I am hoping that by next NaNoWriMo, I might be able to join.... but to be honest, the word count scares me.

Carol Kilgore said...

Hilarious!

I laughed out loud and woke the dogs. Who had to go outside, then needed a treat. And ear rubs. And then had to go outside again.

Never give up :)

Pam Asberry said...

NaNoWriMo is a great way to build your writing muscles, Chris. Because you are starting a new project, there is a lot of momentum going into it. I have participated the past three years, "won" in 2009 and 2010, and am counting the days until November 1st! I hope you will consider it in 2013; you won't be sorry!

Pam Asberry said...

Me too, Carol. My 16yo came to check on me. I think he thought I had finally lost my mind, once and for all. LOL!

S.M. Carrière said...

I don't have kids and I was still laughing hysterically. Baby-sitting has given me perspective, I think!
I won't be participating in NaNoWriMo this year, but I'll still be here cheering you on! Good luck!

Pam Asberry said...

I can always use a cheerleader, S.M. Thank you for being there! :-)

Jennifer Jensen (@jenjensen2) said...

I do have kids, but this made me so glad they're grown! How well I remember, though. I'll be cheering you on for NaNo!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Jennifer! My youngest is a junior in high school. I have enjoyed my children but I will admit I am looking forward to beginning the next chapter of my life. ;-)

Steph said...

When my three were young, it didn't seem they needed me until the phone rang. I was so thankful for our first cordless handset. I'd go into my bedroom, sit on the floor with my back to the door so they couldn't come in, and have a real conversation. Funny thing...now that they're grown, I kinda miss the interruptions. All the best with your writing goals. You can do it!

Pam Asberry said...

I'm sure I will feel the same way someday, Steph. Right now, though, I could use some uninterrupted peace and quiet! Thanks for your good wishes!