Monday, October 8, 2012

Moonlight & Magnolias Conference

What was not to love about the Georgia Romance Writers 2012 Moonlight & Magnolias conference?

There were terrific workshops on every writing-related topic you can imagine
The Petit Fours and Hot Tamales present a workshop on group blogging.
and inspiring presentations from our featured speakers.
Pam Asberry and GRW Featured Speaker Debby Giusti.
Keynote Speaker Julia Quinn and Pam Asberry.
Special Craft Speaker Jeff Stepakoff.
There were agents and editors from ten agencies and publishing houses present, so first thing on Friday there was a pitch workshop in which small groups practiced their individual pitches with a published author. With Tanya Michaels' help, I received a request for the synopsis and first three chapters of my book during my agent pitch on Sunday morning. On Saturday afternoon there was the Book Signing for Literacy Event with over fifty published authors in attendance. And after that, there was a special awards banquet. This year's theme was Corsets, Crime and Craft and everyone came dressed to the nines.
Authors Haywood Smith and Casi McLean.
Pam Asberry with author Kendall Grey.
At the conclusion of the banquet, during which this year's Maggie Award winners were announced, there was music and dancing with the stars and our favorite DJ Silver Knight.
Authors Susan Carlisle and Annie Rayburn.
I came home with a notebook filled with quotes, a head filled with happy memories, and a heart filled with hope. Were you at the M&M Conference? Share your favorite memory. Did you miss it? Click some of the links highlighted in red to get acquainted with some of the fabulous writers I met. Leave a comment at the end of this post for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card. I will choose the winner at midnight on Friday!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Fantastic conference. So good seeing you again :-)

Pam Asberry said...

It was great to see you too my friend, heretofore known as the dancing QUEEN! :-)

S.M. Carrière said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I must say, after having attended my first proper literary convention this year, I'm kind-of hooked!

Pam Asberry said...

There's nothing like the energy in a hotel full of writers, S.M. I am already looking forward to my first national conference; RWA is coming to Atlanta next summer! :-)