Tuesday, January 15, 2013

December Projects

I love giving (and receiving) handmade gifts. And I went all-out for Christmas 2012. I was all I could do not to share these with you back in December, but since the intended recipients of these items also read my blog, I decided it would be best to wait until after the holidays. 

I gave my niece a pair of sterling silver garnet Swarovski bicone earrings.

January birthstone.
I made beaded holiday serving sets for seven members of the extended family of which I am an honorary member. 




Following this tutorial, I made Words With Friends inspired pillows for my little brother, my most formidable opponent.

His name is Eric. His wife's name is SeDonna. Get it? "E" and "S."
And I knitted a scarf for another special guy in my life.

Loops & Threads Cozy Wool in Sapphire. The same color as his eyes. 5'2" long. Same as me.
The Pattern: Cast on 24 stitches. Row 1: Knit 3, purl 3. Row 2: Knit 1, purl 1. Repeat rows 1 and 2 until desired length.
Another knitting project is still in progress, but if I have frogged it and started it over so many times that I should have finished it at least twice. I don't want to reveal too much, but let's just say that by the time I get this one ready to give this one away, I should be an expert at knitting with double pointed needles.

Did you give (or receive) any special handmade gifts for Christmas? Are you working on any cool projects right now?

10 comments:

Steven Heath said...

These are lovely! And I don't say so idly; they are truly beautiful.

Cat McMahon said...

Christmas 2011 I gave beaded bracelets and earrings to all my female relatives. They loved them. Each stone was specially chosen to match each person's unique tastes, personality and health issues. I poured love into each piece I made and enjoyed passing on one of my passions.
Cat McMahon
www.catsstories.com

Libby said...

The gift card I bought my parents is looking pretty thoughtless right now. :( Those presents are cool. LOVE The pillows!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Steven! I'm glad you think so! :-)

Pam Asberry said...

Your beaded bracelets and earrings sound great, Cat. I am just beginning to learn about the mystical and healing powers of gemstones. I just might follow your example next year!

Pam Asberry said...

Hey Libby, don't feel bad; I gave my dad a tin of chocolate covered peanuts and an Amazon gift card. He is really hard to shop for! The pillows were so much fun to make. Now I want a pair for ME!

Denise Stewart said...

LOVE the pillows. Too cute.

eric said...

Best. Pillows. EVAR! Love you sis!

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, Denise, the pillows were a big hit! :-)

Pam Asberry said...

Love you too, baby bro!