Monday, January 7, 2013

Snowmen On Parade

The parties are over and the Christmas decorations are packed safely in their boxes. The holidays are nothing but memories and spring break and flip flops are months away. That's where my snowman collection comes in.

First, I throw my blue and white checked snowflake tablecloth on the dining room table. Silver snowflake candles pick up the shiny silver threads in the cloth.


Then the Mitford snowmen go on the buffet


and the Mod Podge snowman candle holder my boys made years ago takes its place on the fireplace mantel.
It seems I have a mouse infestation.
A tin snowman stands guard next to the fireplace

 

while a jingle bell snowman keeps me company in the kitchen


and another snowman waits patiently to collect our wet mittens.

Let it snow!
You might think they are silly, but my cheerful snowmen do a surprisingly good job of helping ease the transition between the holidays and my regularly scheduled life. Their warm smiles are the best medicine I have found for keeping the winter blues at bay.

Happy winter! Hurry, spring!

4 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

It's not silly at all. I think they're adorable!

Libby said...

I feel like the snowman commercial with the competing brothers was made for you!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, S.M.! I will tell them you said so!

Pam Asberry said...

I have a DVR so I rarely watch commercials, Libby. But I did a YouTube search and I think I found the one you referred to, in which the two brothers sent pictures of their snowmen back and forth. It was hilarious! Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :-)