Thursday, February 7, 2013

Homemade Foaming Antibacterial Soap

While scouring the internet for soap recipes recently, I stumbled upon this one for handmade foaming antibacterial soap. I decided to give it a try. Here are my supplies: distilled water, castile soap, thieves oil, and foaming soap pumps.
The pink pump is for me; the red one is for my brother. The bottoms are suction cups. Whee!
Here's the recipe:
3/4 cup distilled water
1/4 cup castile soap
5 drops thieves oil

Dump everything into the soap pump, swish, and voila! Foaming antibacterial soap!


For more on the antibacterial properties of thieves oil, click HERE. A combination of cloves, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary, it smells wonderful! I think a combination of lavender castile soap and lavender essential oil would be great, too. And next December, I might try peppermint soap and peppermint oil. Regardless of the fragrance, I am delighted with this economical, chemical-free handmade foaming antibacterial soap. Let me know if you give it a try!

4 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

Oooh! Wonderful! I'll have to try that. Thanks!

Pam Asberry said...

My sister-in-law was very pleased with hers, S.M.!

eric said...

Your brother was also very pleased. :)

Pam Asberry said...

:-D