Thursday, April 18, 2013

Baby Bonsai

My firstborn and his girlfriend gave me a Miniature Indoor Bonsai Tree Garden kit for Christmas. I followed the instructions carefully, soaking the pre-planted tub of seeds, then placing the tub in the refrigerator, imitating winter. After several weeks, I removed the tub from the refrigerator and waited for the seeds to sprout. Just when I was about to give up, I discovered a lone seedling. Now my tiny tree is about two inches tall. 


I love it dearly. It will be two years before my baby bonsai is tall enough and sturdy enough to plant outdoors. It appears that growing a bonsai tree is yet another lesson in patience. My journey has begun.

8 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Love it!

Pam Asberry said...

It really is a sweet little tree, isn't it?

Carley said...

Reminds me of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree & we all know how pretty it turned out :-)

S.M. Carrière said...

Oooh! This is something I've always wanted to try. Keep us posted, please!

Pam Asberry said...

I hadn't thought of that but you are absolutely right, Mom!

Pam Asberry said...

I will, S.M.!

Herding Cats - Burning Soup said...

Oh my goodness that is so darlin! Had no idea you could grow your own. What a neat giftie!

Congrats on your little tree sprouting!


Ahhh just a bit creepy. Okay, so I've never watched this one before. So many of my friends do though. Gah the draw back of not having television anymore!! LOL

~Anna
herding cats & burning soup

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Anna!