Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Snickerdoodle Muffins


As everyone knows, I have long been a fan of snickerdoodles. So when this variation started making the rounds on Facebook, I couldn't resist. Last night, after piano ensemble rehearsal, I came home and whipped up a batch snickerdoodle muffins.

You MUST try this recipe. I promise you won't be sorry.

SNICKERDOODLE MUFFINS

2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1 1/4 cup sour cream (I used reduced fat)
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour

In a shallow bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon

1. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time; mix well.

2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and nutmeg.

3. Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the butter-egg mixture. Mix well.

4. Using a scoop, scoop out muffin batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Roll the muffin around in the mixture until it is covered completely, Place muffin into muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-22 minutes or until done.

6 comments:

Carol Kilgore said...

Sounds yummy. I'm wishing I had one to go with my coffee!

Pam Asberry said...

Come on over, Carol! :-)

Bryonna Nobles said...

OMG, that sounds AMAZING. I love Snickerdooles, they're one of my fav cookies and to have all that cinnamony goodness in a muffin. I'm so there! Thanks for sharing.

Pam Asberry said...

You're welcome, Bryonna! I do believe this is my favorite muffin recipe ever!

Herding Cats - Burning Soup said...

Oh my goodness. I haven't seen these before! Yum!! I'm so gonna give them a try for my next tasty delights post on the blog :)

I'll second that. Whew thanks for sharing!

~Anna
herding cats & burning soup

Pam Asberry said...

Go for it, Anna! :-)