Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Words in, words out

Reading is the inhale, writing is the exhale.
~ Justine Musk


At the beginning of 2013, I resolved to read fifty books over the course of the year. I have only finished twelve so far so I'm a bit behind schedule. But I still believe I can make my goal, especially considering I usually have three or four books going at any given time. Currently, I am wading through five.

The Meryl Streep Book Club by Mia March (fiction)
Grand Obsession by Perri Knize (nonfiction/memoir)
The Prosperous Heart by Julia Cameron (nonfiction/self-help)
Hooked by Les Edgerton (nonfiction/writing craft)
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (fiction/Kindle)

It is nice to think that all this reading will make me a stronger writer. But the books themselves are reward enough. What are you reading right now?


4 comments:

Anjali said...

I'm reading and LOVING Mr. Penumbra's 24 hour bookstore. So, so great!

Pam Asberry said...

I hadn't heard of this book, Anjali. But I looked it up on Amazon and it sounds like a real page-turner. It is in my shopping cart now, LOL! Thanks for the recommendation!

Julee J. Adams said...

You know, I read three books while on vacation last week and really enjoyed them. Hadn't read in a long time and I missed it. Read The Virtuoso by Grace Burrowes, Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James and The Lady Most Likely by Eloisa James, Julia Quinn and Connie Brockway. Even reviewed them on Goodreads. I've been carrying around How to Seduce a Sinner by Adrienne Basso for a few weeks, but haven't finished it. You are right--reading inspires my writing!

Pam Asberry said...

Good for you, Julee! I will be sure to check out your reviews on Goodreads.