Monday, April 15, 2013

Words, words, words

I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
~Flannery O'Connor


I'm not sure where the time has gone, but it's been almost a month since I've posted to this blog. I wish I could say I have finished my novel, lost ten pounds, and vacationed in Europe. Instead, I have barely kept my head above water.

Yep, I have been in survival mode. A pending court case, the threat of another lawsuit, a leaky roof and an unexpected tax bill: all that and more have made for challenging days and the occasional dark night. But I have good friends who know how to talk me down from the ledge and here I am, healthy and stronger than over. The tough times aren't over yet. I guess they're never REALLY over. But I'm ready for a reprieve.

Until then, the best I can do is dig my heels in and devote every ounce of my being to living better, loving more, and making my dreams come true. Heck, I might even buy myself a grand piano. This article gave me a lot to think about. I have wanted a grand piano as long as I can remember. Is there something you have always wanted? Are there steps you can take towards achieving it?

3 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Oh, Pam--when it rains sometimes it pours, doesn't it? You are so strong and resourceful, so I know you'll get through it.
I came back from our Vegas trip to find major changes at my work, after just a little over a week. I'm sitting there going, really?!?
Keep plugging and I think a grand piano is an amazing goal. Good to see you back. Keep up the great work!

S.M. Carrière said...

I am in genuine awe of you. I really do hope things get better from here on in.

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, ladies. I can always count on you for an "attagirl!"