Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ten Things I Learned Last Week

Last week was a tough one. The reason why isn't my story to tell. But I experienced several "aha" moments as I stumbled my way through the challenges. Here goes.
  1. Every time you say good-bye to people you love, treat them like it might be the last time you see them. Because you never know when it might be.
  2. On a bad day, having a lot to do can be a real blessing.
  3. On a bad day, sometimes the best thing to do is eat junk food and watch television.
  4. Wish hard. Work harder.
  5. Thinking about writing and actually writing are two different things.
  6. Baroque music can be very sexy.
  7. I will never get too old to go to a rock concert. And buy a souvenir t-shirt.
  8. I really, really want to speak French fluently.
  9. I will never again allow myself to be steamrollered in a relationship.
  10. I may not have much money in the bank, but I am rich in all the ways that matter.
Have you learned any lessons recently that you might like to share?

2 comments:

Patricia said...

You are rich in every important way. Your beach will always be there waiting for you.

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, Pat, it will!