Monday, October 14, 2013

2013 Moonlight & Magnolias Conference

I have been so busy the past couple of weeks that I have neglected to share the outcome of Georgia Romance Writers annual Moonlight and Magnolias conference. Since Romance Writers of America's national conference was held in Atlanta in July, this year's M&M conference was only a two-day event. But it was a jam-packed couple of days.

I got to celebrate with all my writer friends who have signed contracts or been published this year.

I kissed a stranger at the book release party hosted by Romily Bernard and Jen McQuiston.
I won this lovely basket in the literacy raffle, donated by Christine Glover and Pam Mantovani who made their first sales this year.
And I attended some great workshops, like Debra Dixon's Goal, Motivation and Conflict as well as the pitch workshop, in which Jana Oliver gave me some great feedback, giving me the courage to pitch my young adult manuscript to my dream agent as well as an editor. I am happy to report that received requests for the full manuscript from both.

The M&M Conference culminates in the Maggie Awards Banquet. After a lovely dinner, it was hard to sit still as all the winners were announced and more than happy to accept my Honorable Mention in the Unpublished Maggie Awards for Excellence in the Young Adult category.

Happy writer!
It was all over much too quickly. It is always hard to say good-bye to my writer pals, some of whom I see in the flesh only once or twice a year. But bolstered by their support and empowered by all I learned, I will get this manuscript completed and submitted. 

Thanks to my readers for your support, too!

4 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Such a great time! Congratulations!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Julee! I hope you will be able to make it to Atlanta and join the fun one of these years!

S.M. Carrière said...

Eeee! Congrats!

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, S.M.!!