Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Knit, Purl, Knit

I have been a knitting fool.

First, there was the Feathers and Fans scarf, my first ever experience with lace knitting.

Already sold in my Etsy store.
Then there was the Moonlight Mohair scarf, with its flecks of silver.

Garter stitch. The picture doesn't do it justice.
Next came the ruffled scarves, the first one knit with Red Heart Sashay and its glimmers of silver metallic yarn

 

And the second one knit from Patons Pirouette, with its flash of silver sequins.


Then I used up the last of my wool roving yarn knitting the ribs and ruffles pattern

This one is still for sale.
and experimented with Lion Brand Fun Fur.


Each scarf I have made has been fun to knit and has had a personality of its own. My current personal favorite is this version of the ruffles and ribs pattern, which I am knitting with two strands of yarn, a combination of worsted wool and discontinued Red Heart Kiss yarn.


I'm not sure what it is, but there is something about knitting that I need right now. What about you? Do you knit? Crochet? Cross stitch? Please tell me I'm not alone in the crazy!

No comments: