Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Homemade Eczema Cream


I have had two dry, scaly patches just above my ankle bones for weeks. Having experienced eczema before, I know it when I see it, so while I could have paid for a doctor visit and a prescription, I decided instead to use ingredients I already had on hand and try a homemade remedy. After doing a bit of research, I went with this recipe:

HOMEMADE ECZEMA CREAM

5 ounces Shea butter
3 ounces avocado oil
20 drops lavender essential oil
20 drops tea tree essential oil

Using a double boiler, gently melt the butter, then remove from heat and add the oils. Refrigerate until set, then whip to a spreadable consistency. Spoon into sterilized jars and store at room temperature. Makes about 8 ounces.

The results? After three weeks of twice-daily use, the eczema on my left ankle has completely disappeared; the eczema on my right ankle has changed from an angry, red patch to simple dry skin. I plan to continue twice-daily application on both ankles as a preventive. I am more than pleased with my all-natural, sweet smelling eczema cream!

Check back every Monday (I know it's actually Tuesday now; I missed it by a minute!) for my latest do-it-yourself adventure!

NOTE: The information on this site is for recreational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for his own situation.

2 comments:

Debbie Kaufman said...

Oh, my have to try that with my psoriasis or hubby's eczema!

Pam Asberry said...

Try it, you'll like it!! :-)