Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A SUITABLE WIFE by Carol Burnside


Sam Moreland is desperate to keep his daughter out of the clutches of her abusive mother seeking custody. He resists legal advice to provide the court with a complete family unit because past relationships have soured him on love.

Though she yearns for children, Rosie Baxter knows a failed pregnancy has likely left her barren. She remains single rather than bring her problems into a marriage and concentrates on her business with its financial woes.

A temporary marriage pact means Rosie provides Sam with the illusion of family in return for an influx of cash into her store. But kisses for show become all too real. When outside threats shake their growing bond, each must trust the other with their darkest secret or lose their best chance for love and happiness.

I like to read while I am using the elliptical machine at the gym. To be honest, there are many days that is the only reading I get done. That's how I got started with this book, but I didn't want to stop. Matter of fact, I did an extra ten minutes on the machine that day, and as soon as my work day was finished, I pulled my Kindle out of my gym bag and didn't stop until I reached the end. It's that good! Don't say you haven't been warned!

Sam and Rosie have been friends since childhood, and when they reunite after many years apart, neither can deny the sparks that fly between them. But it's complicated. Sam is looking for a business arrangement, not a romance, and Rosie is terrified of losing herself in yet another relationship based on control. Set against the backdrop of charming Sweetwater Springs with a supporting cast of evil exes, a loving family, and devoted friends, this is a love story that satisfies in every way. I can't wait to get started on the next book in the series (click HERE). Five enthusiastic stars! Very highly recommended!

NOTE: I received a copy of this book for FREE in exchange for a written review. There was no expectation that this review be either positive or negative, and I was not given any financial compensation to read the book or write the review. This information is disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 [...] Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

2 comments:

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Oh my gosh, Pam, what a lovely review.*sniff, sniff* THANK YOU! I'm so pleased you enjoyed Sam and Rosie's story.

Pam Asberry said...

It's my pleasure, Carol! Keep 'em coming!