Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I DID IT!

I celebrated some important milestones over the weekend.

Saturday evening, I played a duo piano concert with a colleague - my first such event since college.


Earlier in the day, my youngest son, Nathan, graduated from high school.


Which also meant my ex-husband met my fiance. And vice-versa.

Finally, it was Mother's Day weekend. My son surprised me with flowers and a funny card.


And my "adopted" daughter gave me a beautiful handmade card and Mother's Day gift at her piano lesson yesterday.


The truth? My life is not exactly that way I imagined it would be. But it is what it is. And I am grateful for what I have. I am making music with others. I am engaged to be married to a man who loves me. My son's future is shining brightly in front of him. And I am making a difference in the lives of young people. What more could a person ask for?

7 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Stellar! It's a good day and a good life all around. Really happy for you!

S.M. Carrière said...

Congrats on the recital! You should be very proud of yourself.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Julee and S.M.! We're already choosing music for our next program!

Crystal Hull said...

Congratulations ¡ I had no idea you were engaged! Am I that blind to not notice a ring????

Buffy said...

<3

Pam Asberry said...

LOL, Crystal! Thank you!

Pam Asberry said...

Love you too, Buffy!!