Thursday, June 26, 2014

I'm Moving On

You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won't happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.
― Joel Osteen

Last night it didn't matter how long my happiness list was or how much I repeated the Ho'oponopono; I found myself in a funk that I just couldn't talk my way out of. It was a long, tearful, tossing-and-turning kind of night. Then I woke up early, groggy and disoriented, but I dragged myself out of bed, made a pot of coffee, and spent a long time staring at the Vision Board I created last weekend.


I'm still not sure what it all means but I'm not going to figure it out by hiding in my bedroom. So as much as I wanted to crawl back under the covers and spend another day in bed with a book, I made myself push through my feelings of sadness and lethargy and get some stuff done.

It was a healthy decision, and I had the best day I've had since - well, you know. I wrote morning pages and got all my fall paperwork ready to email to my returning piano students. I did some online shopping and picked out a new table, chairs and overhead lamp for the kitchen and went ahead and ordered a duvet cover and pillow shams for my bedroom and bathroom coordinates for the upstairs bathroom. I went to Home Depot and made arrangements for their installers to come out tomorrow and give me a quote on new flooring for the kitchen. Meanwhile, my son, aka RockStar, and I made some serious headway with the decluttering and deep cleaning, and enjoyed home grilled steaks, fresh cooked green beans, and juicy cantaloupe for dinner.

Now, to keep this positive momentum going!

I'm not going to let this get the best of me. I'm moving on with my life.

3 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

GooooOOOOOO PAM! *waves pompoms*

Julee J. Adams said...

Glad to hear it! Make the house just as YOU and your son want it. Don't be afraid to ask for help, but you can do it.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, S.M.! And I *HATE* asking for help, Julee - it's an Asberry family trait! But I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet here. Because when it comes to home improvements there are a lot of things I simply cannot do. I appreciate the moral support!