Monday, August 4, 2014

What I Did Over Summer Vacation

A few days ago, I wrote a blog post about my summer home improvements projects and promised to share more photos. As the paint dried and all the dust settled, it took me hours to finish putting things away and get pictures and artwork back on up on the walls. Finally, here are the photos.
Sky blue kitchen, with new vinyl plank flooring (Allure Alpine Elm) and new stainless steel appliances.
Coral dining room. But do you see the yellow on the closest wall? I love that I can stand just about anywhere in my house and take in at least two or three bright colors.
Pink (Behr Southern Beauty) bedroom.
This pillow makes me very happy.
So does this fillable lamp I found at Target. I had fun stuffing it with shells, rocks and coral I have picked up at various beaches over the years.
Aqua (Behr Jamaica Bay) craft room. Yes, the tabletop is cluttered now. That's work in progress. I haven't hung pictures in here yet either. Maybe over the weekend.
Bright lime (Behr Sweet Midori) studio waiting room. It won't be complete until the new sofa I ordered from La-Z-Boy arrives. I can hardly wait.
Pale lime (Behr Carolina Parakeet) studio bathroom. Yes, those are piano keys on the shower curtain.
While I am proud of all that I organized and accomplished, I still have a long list of things to buy and things to do. I guess that's just part of being a homeowner; the work is never really finished. But this afternoon I returned to full-time piano teaching so my priorities are necessarily elsewhere, and that's okay. Yes, another summer has come and gone but I have practically a whole new house to show for it. A home that is neat, clean and calm as well as cheerful, colorful and stimulating. 

A home that feels like ME.

1 comment:

S.M. Carrière said...

It really does look lovely.