Thursday, October 2, 2014

On the verge of breakthrough?

Every challenge you encounter in life is a fork in the road. You have the choice to choose which way to go - backward, forward, breakdown or breakthrough. 
― Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha

In September, I "reclaimed my sass" as a creative individual.

The month started out strong. I practiced the piano and started a couple of original music compositions. I did some beading and sold some jewelry. I made cold process lye soap from dandelion tea and did some drawing and added a few pages to my novel. I came up with a system to track my progress in all areas.

I told myself: I am an artist.

I believe it now.

But then life did what it does. It pulled the rug right out from under my feet and left me lying flat on the floor.

I'm still trying to find solid ground. In the meantime, I'm not quite the productive machine I was. But maybe that's not the point. Because I am taking care of the most important things. Teaching my students well and keeping an orderly home and cooking healthy meals and being available for RockStar when he needs me.

In the end, perhaps, it isn't about what I produce or create. In the end, perhaps, it's about what I leave behind in the heads and hearts of the people I love most - my children and my family and my friends and my students.

I can only hope that who I am and what I do will be enough to make a difference.

1 comment:

Dan M said...

You make a difference every day. Trust me. You do.