Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I REGRET NOTHING by Jen Lancaster


From the dust jacket:
Mistakes are one thing; regrets are another. After a girls' weekend in Savannah makes her realize that she is - yikes! - middle-aged, Jen decides to make a bucket list and seize the day, even if that means having her tattoo removed at one hundred times the cost of putting it in.

Middle-aged myself, with a bucket list that has gone through several incarnations, I found the premise irresistible. And this book did not disappoint. Jen's list ran the gamut: personal health ("run a 5K"), self-improvement ("learn to speak a new language"), work ("start a new line of business"), even pie-in-the-sky ("have a conversation with an icon"). With infectious enthusiasm and a sense of humor that kept me laughing out loud as a I read, Jen worked her way through her list, describing her experiences in a way that managed to be both poignant and hilarious, even adding items as she went along just so she could experience the pleasure of checking them off. Along with charming her husband, her supportive friends, and her menagerie of pets, we journey with Jen as she learns to ride a bike, refinish furniture, brush up on her high school Italian, even travel to Italy. What a trip!

Inspired by Jen's success, I think it's time for me to brush off my own bucket list - and to dig into Jen Lancaster's backlist. Highly recommended!

NOTE: I received a copy of this book for FREE in exchange for a written review. There was no expectation that this review be either positive or negative, and I was not given any financial compensation to read the book or write the review. This information is disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 [...] Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments: