Friday, October 23, 2015

Celebrating Fall


Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own.
~ Charles Dickens


As hard as I have tried, I haven't been able find a way to hold onto summer. Despite my penchant for sundresses and flip-flops, the days of long sleeves and fleece-lined boots have arrived. Might as well stop the resistance and make the best of them, I decided.

So I have replaced the worn-out summer annuals with mums and pansies


and bundled up in sweats to enjoy long walks in my sunny neighborhood.


I am back to work on the granny square afghan I started months ago,


 baking,


putting the finishing touches on my presentation for the Georgia Music Teachers Association fall conference in November,


and gearing up for NaNoWriMo.

Image courtesy of National Novel Writing Month
So what if autumn isn't my favorite season of the year? I really don't have to look very hard to find plenty of reasons to celebrate it.

4 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

At last we disagree on something! Autumn is my favourite season. I adore it so!

Eric Asberry said...

IKR? Can you believe it dipped into the 60s here this week?

chrisnallynkids said...

Beautiful. Fall may not be your favorite but I do love it.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks for all your comments! I guess there is something to be said for that "cozy" feeling that fall brings with it!